Tracey Peterson, DVM, DACVIM
Dr. Tracey Peterson attended Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and Industry. She earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Kansas State College of Veterinary Medicine in Manhattan, Kansas. She went on to complete a one-year rotating internship in internal medicine, surgery, and critical care at Colorado Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. She returned to Manhattan, Kansas to complete a three-year internal medicine residency program at what is now the Kansas State Veterinary Health Center. Following the completion of her residency, she became a board-certified veterinary internal medicine specialist.
Dr. Peterson has a wide range of interests including managing hormonal imbalances, organ dysfunction, including kidney, liver, and small intestinal problems, as well as autoimmune diseases. She enjoys the challenge of diagnosing and managing complex diseases. She recognizes the strength of the human-animal bond and the vital role this has in our well-being. Her goal as a veterinary internist is to diagnose diseases and provide treatment options that can allow that human-animal relationship to continue.
Dr. Peterson shares a home with many smushed-faced pups, which keep her busy in her spare time. She has a koi pond and tropical fish in addition to two rescued toads and a tree frog. She also enjoys reading, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
Education and training
- BS in Animal Science and Industry: Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- DVM: Kansas State College of Veterinary Medicine. Manhattan, Kansas
- Rotating Internship: Colorado Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Internal Medicine Residency: Kansas State Veterinary Health Center, Manhattan, Kansas
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)